Welcome to The Canadian School of Warsaw! We look forward to working with you to ensure your child’s successful academic and social development. The school operates under an open admission policy. We are happy to welcome new students at any time through the academic year. We accept pupils aged 6-12 (Grade 1 to 6).
Our school represents a high-quality teaching and learning environment that runs in accordance with the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme in English, as well as the Polish national curriculum, as specified by the Ministry of National Education.
Our objective is to ensure that pupils meet their full potential, through exceptional intellectual, emotional, social and physical development, as well by fine-tuning their overall aesthetic awareness.
In our uniquely intimate and friendly environment – where familiarity and appreciation is actively encouraged – teachers work closely with students, their families and one another to ensure that all members of the community feel valued and respected: upholding the highest possible educational experience for all.
- Admission Form
- Agreement on Education (two originals)
- Payment of a non-refundable one-time registration fee
- Medical Form
- Copies of child’s passport and birth certificate
- Copies of parents’ ID’s
- Previous school certificate or report card
- Completed CSoW documentation (consents and declarations)
Scans of previous school documents are initially sufficient. However, they must be followed by signed originals.
STEPS OF ADMISSION PROCESS:
- 1. Submitting a completed Admission Form
The first step in the admission process is submitting a completed Admission Form to The CSoW.
- 2. Placement testing
Placement testing and/or screening may be arranged depending on submitted documents, grade level and language proficiency.
If the child is abroad, tests can be sent for completion to the child’s current school; the current school’s stamp and the Head Teacher’s or Deputy Head’s signature would be required.
- 3. Application review
Once all records have been collected, the application will be reviewed. Admission may be granted, denied or the School may place the student on a waiting list. In all cases, the parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified by a letter.
- 4. Educational Agreement
This document must be signed by all prospective parent(s)/guardian(s) and returned to the School.
- 5. Registration Fees & Payments
Please be noted that the child’s place is only secured upon receipt of the registration fee.
The tuition Fee is due to the 5th of each month. You will find information on required payments in the link ‘Tuition Fees’ and in the document ‘School Rules’.
First Grade Admission procedures
- If the child attended The Canadian Preschool, the homeroom teacher’s evaluation with the language report along with the School Readiness Diagnosis (Diagnoza Gotowości Szkolnej) are needed. In individual cases parents may be asked to provide an opinion from a children’s counsellor (poradnia psychologiczno-pedagogiczna).
- If the child was not a student of The Canadian Preschool he/she needs to pass an English/Polish test conducted by The Canadian School of Warsaw. Homeroom teacher’s evaluation form of previous preschool is required. In individual cases parents may be asked to provide an opinion from a children’s counsellor (poradnia psychologiczno-pedagogiczna).
- During students’ testing parents will be invited for an interview with the School Principal.
- Parents will be notified of days on which the testing will take place. Individual testing has to be scheduled with an Admissions Coordinator.
To further familiarize yourself with our School, we recommend that you become acquainted with both our mission statement and the list of school rules.
The Admissions Office is open from Tuesday to Friday
Tel. No.: 697 977 222
To download current enrolment policy, please click on the link below:
To download necessary documents click on the links below:
Fees and payment timetable for 2017/2018 school year
|ADMISSION FEE||PRESCHOOL||ELEMENTARY GR. 1-3||ELEMENTARY GR. 4-5||ELEMENTARY GR. 6-8|
|Submitted upon admission||Due the 5th day of every month; paid for 10 months from 09/2016|
|2 000 PLN||2 800 PLN||2 900 PLN||3 000 PLN||2 900 PLN|
|SENIORITY DISCOUNT OR FAMILY DISCOUNT|
|For students who attend our school over 3 years||If at least 2 children from one family attend our school|
|100 PLN per family|
Open Day: Saturday 2nd March
Open Morning: Wednesday 13th March
You will receive an e-mail notification that we have received your application.
Thank you for applying to The Canadian School of Warsaw.
If you have any questions you can contact us via e-mail or phone:
firstname.lastname@example.org, 697 970 244,